ARKRAY supports their excellent portfolio of GLUCOCARD® blood glucose monitoring systems with cutting-edge data management technology. The ARK Care® Real-Time Diabetes Data Management System is a secure, easy-to-use solution for people with diabetes to upload and store their blood glucose readings from their blood glucose meters (BGMs). This HIPAA/HITECH system also allows healthcare providers to access their patient's logbooks and BGM data, which could help increase the effectiveness of care and improve outcomes, while saving valuable time and money.
More than blood glucose logbooks
In addition to logbook-sharing capabilities, the ARK Care Real-Time Diabetes Management System provides:
- Customized blood glucose charts, graphs, reports and test result data
- Real-time results, making it possible to quickly adjust treatment plans as necessary
- View of correlations between blood glucose readings, medications, insulin and carbohydrate data
- Diet and exercise tracking capabilities that can help with diabetes management
ARK Care also has a messaging feature called "My Care Team" that facilitates open communication between patients and members of their healthcare and support teams.
Diabetes information is just a click away
The ARK Care Real-Time Diabetes Management System is accessible from any PC with an internet connection. The system is HIPAA/HITECH compliant and FDA-cleared. Personal patient/customer profiles provide easy and secure access for healthcare team members and allows them to access patient/customer data on demand. The easy to access reports and documentation make test strip reimbursement and CMS audits less of a burden. ARK Care's customizable data capabilities assist with pay-for-performance and HEDIS reporting.
Engaged patients mean improved outcomes and reductions in healthcare costs
The ARK Care Real-Time Diabetes Management System has been shown to improve outcomes, lowering A1C by as much as 3 percentage point and by an average of 2.2 percentage points1. Data indicates that for every 1 point reduction in A1C, there is an annual healthcare cost savings of up to $4,100. So, by using the ARK Care system, there could be annual healthcare savings of more than $9,000 per patient per year2.
1. Karen E. Smith, MD., Betty A Levine, MS., Stephen C. Clement, MD., et al. "Impact of MyCareTeam™ for Poorly Controlled Diabetes: Mellitus. " Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics 6.6, 2004:828-35.
2. Gilmer TP, O’Connor PJ, Manning WG et al. The cost to health plans of poor glycemic control. Diabetes Care. 1997; 20:1847-53.
Follow the link for more information on the ARK Care® Real-Time Data Management System